The Lakes is one of the newest developments in Rancho Santa Fe. It is also commonly referred to as “The Lakes at Rancho Santa Fe” or “The Lakes above Rancho Santa Fe.” This guard-gated neighborhood is nestled among the hills of The Crosby gated community, just a few miles east of the “RSF Covenant,” the original planned community of Rancho Santa Fe.
It sits within the 92127 zip code and the Rancho Bernardo area, but is commonly considered a part of Rancho Santa Fe. Each home is given a P.O. box within the reputable 92067 RSF zip code. The mail for that P.O. box can be conveniently picked up within the community.
The Mediterranean-style luxury homes, built by Lennar and Van Daele, were constructed between 2011 and 2021. The spacious homes sit on large lots, many with breathtaking views of the rolling hills surrounding the community. The neighborhoods within the community include Sterling Heights, Wellington, Sevilla, Estrella, Belleza, and the Van Daele Collection.
- Sterling Heights by Lennar offers both single story and two-story home designs to choosefrom. The six distinctive floorplans, built from 2019-2021, range from 4,283 to 6,540
square feet, with 4 to 5 bedrooms and 4.5 to 5.5 bathrooms. Enjoy items such as integrated home automation, stainless steel appliances, solar, quartz countertops and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design™ – floorplans engineered for whole-home connectivity. The Lennar’s revolutionary Next Gen® — The Home within a Home® is offered in three of the home designs.
- Wellington by Lennar offers three floorplans to choose from, available in three distinctiveelevation styles, these homes built in 2020 – 2021, range in size from approximately
4,283 to 4,565 square feet. Lennar’s Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home design is available in the Residence 3 plan for multi generational or dual living at its finest. Enjoy items such as integrated home automation, stainless steel appliances, solar, quartz countertops and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design™ – floorplans engineered for whole-home connectivity.
- The Sevilla residences by Lennar feature approximately 3,867 to 4,391 square feet of living space, up to 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms & 3-bay garages. These floor plans include Lennar’s Next Gen – The Home Within a Home®: suites designed for multigenerational living.
- The single and two-story residences at Estrella by Lennar feature approximately 4,518 to 5,305 square feet of living space, with up to 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms & 4-bay garages. These floor plans include Lennar’s Next Gen – The Home Within a Home®: suites designed for multigenerational living.
- The Belleza residences by Lennar feature approximately 2,701 to 3,514 square feet of living space, 4-5 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms, and up to 3-bay oversized garages. They include distinctive two-story floor plans or single-level floorplans with a courtyard.
- The Van Daele Collection at the Lakes features 49 homes in total, including single-level and two-story residences. These floorplans offer approximately 3,058 to 4,305 square feet of living space with 4-6 bedrooms. Van Daele’s Signature indoor/outdoor California Rooms take full advantage of San Diego’s beautiful year around climate.
Many residents of The Lakes choose to join the exclusive Crosby Golf Club. This 18-hole private golf course winds through the beautiful gated Crosby estates, with unparalleled views of the San Dieguito River Valley. The 70/72-par course was designed by the world-renowned course architect Brian Curley and Fred Couples. Member also enjoy access to an 8,500 square foot sports center, three tennis courts, four pickleball courts, a junior Olympic-size swimming pool with cabanas, youth camps, and a fitness center with personal trainers and group classes. There are numerous dining options, such as the main dining room and bar, Grill 19, and a dining deck overlooking the 18th hole.
There are numerous equestrian facilities in the area. These include Rancho Riding Club, Ridgemar Equestrian Center, Fairbanks Riding Club, Kalimar Farms Equestrian School, Willow Creek Stables, Blue Fox Farms, Surfside, Dove Hollow Dressage Center, Sunland Ranch and Rancho El Camino Equestrian Center. The expansive Del Mar Horse Park hosts events and shows throughout the year.
The community features many miles of hiking and biking trails that wind through the beautiful terrain. Nearby Black Mountain Open Space Park has 2,352 acres of space with more trails just southeast of the neighborhood. Nearby Lake Hodges offers boating and fishing opportunities. Other nearby areas residents frequent include the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, Del Dios Highlands Preserve, and the Blue Sky Ecological Reserve. Convenient freeway access makes it a short drive to the world-famous beaches of Del Mar, Solana Beach, and Encinitas.
While the Lakes is tucked back in the hills above Rancho Santa Fe for privacy and secluded living, it is conveniently located with easy access to I-15 and CA-56. This means that all the entertainment and amenities of San Diego are within a short drive.
The Lakes sits within the boundaries of the highly desirable Poway Unified School District, a national leader in K-12 education. These award-winning public schools include Del Sur Elementary School, Oak Valley Middle School, and Del Norte High School.
Nearby private schools include Maranatha Christian School, Kinderhouse Montessori School, Diegueno Country School, St. Bartholomew’s Preschool, Incarnation Lutheran Preschool, Country Montessori School, Lifetime Montessori School, Village Nursery School, Horizon Prep, Santa Fe Christian School, Notre Dame Academy, Cathedral Catholic High School, Cal Coast Academy, San Diego Jewish Academy, The Grauer School and Encinitas Country Day School.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.