Encinitas is a coastal beach city in San Diego County, California. The largest single industry in the city is the growing of ornamental flowers, particularly poinsettias.
Encinitas real estate lies on rugged coastal terrain. The city is bisected by a low lying coastal ridge that separates New and Old Encinitas. In the north of the city, the coast rises in elevation and the land is raised up in the form of many coastal bluffs. The city is surrounded by Batiquitos Lagoon and San Elijo Lagoon to the north and south, respectively.
The city can be divided into five areas:
- Old Encinitas: a small beachside area featuring a mix of businesses and housing styles. The Encinitas welcome arch, the famous surf break Swamis, and the early 20th century La Paloma Theater are located here. Old Encinitas is divided from New Encinitas by a low coastal ridge.
- New Encinitas: a newer region which features a golf course, many shopping centers, and is composed of larger tract homes.
- Olivenhain: a semi-rural region in eastern Encinitas real estate, composed of mostly single family homes, an active 4-H Club, and several private equestrian facilities. Olivenhain connects to Rancho Santa Fe via Encinitas Blvd.
- Leucadia: a coastal community of the city. Leucadia features tree-lined streets and boulevards. The community features art galleries, unusual stores, and restaurants, along with single family homes.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea: Encinitas’ southernmost oceanfront community, which features streets named after British cities and classical composers, the Lux Art Institute, and the San Elijo Campus of Mira Costa College.
The Lux Art Institute and San Dieguito Heritage Museum are located in Encinitas. Other points of interest include the San Diego Botanic Garden, Self-Realization Fellowship temple and Hermitage, as well as the gardens which are routinely open to the public, the historic La Paloma Theatre, Moonlight Beach, and one of California’s classic downtown areas along historic Coast Highway 101. Surfing is a popular activity in Encinitas, particularly at Swami’s.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.